Well it has blossoms – so we let it grow for a while.
1. Listen carefully to what your teacher(s) has to say.
Everyone will be excited, and lots of noise and activity may be taking place, practise “tuning out” the buzz of activity when the teacher is making a point so that you don’t miss it !
2. Write down any important information.
- what supplies does the teacher require you to have
- do you need a separate binder for each subject or dividers in one binder
- will you be keeping a journal for this course
- are there certain methods she/he wants you to use for taking notes (if so – what are they – make a note of it!)
- are there any papers, notes, notices on the board, or other information that you should pick up
- is there an outline of the course material
- is there a list of reading materials (books)
Note: Use your student planner !
If there is anything you don’t understand, try to ask the teacher.
After you receive all this information, make sure that your parents / guardians receive this information promptly to that they can help you gather the materials required.
REMEMBER: Check back with this list over the next couple of weeks to make sure that you have gathered the correct materials and information and to make sure that you are following proper procedure (for taking notes, etc.).